The appeal of ending the barriers to healthy skin awaits with a different beauty treatment at home and in various clinics. The VI Peel may offer chemical affinity healthful and beneficial effects. Now, let’s take a breakdown of the different points, definitions, benefits, and side effects you should know.
What is a VI Peel?
A VI Peel refers to a type of medium-depth chemical peel that infiltrates onto the layer of the skin, specifically the top layer of the skin. The epidermis, which is the top layer of the skin that extends to the layer underneath the dermis, is being affected. Moreover, this kind of chemical peel can stimulate the production of renewed proteins in the skin through exfoliation of the skin.
The combination of the components used in VI Peels includes the following:
- trichloroacetic acid (TCA) (10 to 12 percent)
- phenol (10 to 12 percent)
- salicylic acid (10 to 12 percent)
- vitamin C (4 percent)
- tretinoin (0.1 to 0.4 percent)
This chemical peel is gentle on the chosen body part to perform. The face, hands, eyelids, chest, and back does not cost extreme and harsh feeling and can also be used across skin tones and types.
Benefits of VI Peel
VI Peel offers numerous conditions that can treat the most common disease on the skin. Like light to medium chemical peels, VI Peel can also treat these.
Fine lines and wrinkles
Chemical peels like VI peels can break down the skin cells among the top layer. Through this breakdown, brand new collagen and elastin production are being stimulated. The natural processes and healing processes of the body assist in making the skin in a healthier and softer state. The proteins, namely collagen, and elastin are the key components that provide skin structure and elasticity. When these components are lacking in the skin, it results in the formation of wrinkles.
However, this kind of chemical peel is only beneficial to light wrinkles since it only affects the superficial and medium-depth damage of the skin. The VI Peel may not cover the deep wrinkles and outer skin sagging.
Treating sun spots and discoloration
Skin is darkened when the skin is typically exposed to extreme heat and sun damage. Through the help of chemical peels, possible assistance in lightening the skin and healing in other skin conditions can be done.
The freckles and other discoloration can also be treated in this kind of chemical peeling.
Treating keratosis pilaris
The bumps present in keratosis pillars can be treated in undergoing the process of VI Peel. Due to its active ingredient, such as Phenol, any form of clogging in the hair follicles can be solved.
Treatment of acne
Light to medium chemical peels such as the VI Peel is known to be effective in improving acne. Studies have concluded that these chemical peels are effective and well-tolerated for acne treatment.
The list below shows the numerous ways a VI Peel can treat acne:
- reducing oil production
- killing bacteria
- reducing inflammation
- breaking down your outer layer of skin
- reducing your number of clogged pores
Side effects that you should know
Most individuals commonly tolerate the chemical peels such as VI Peels. However, some side effects may still insist onto the applied skins, such as:
- Burning pain
- Skin discoloration
- Blistering itchiness
- allergic reaction
- dry skin
In addition, individuals who have a dark complexion are most likely to develop skin discoloration after undergoing a VI chemical peel. VI Peels are fully open to all skin colors and types. A consultation with a professional beforehand is advised for those with a darker complexion. This is to avoid complications in the process of chemical peeling. Individuals engaged in pregnancy, use of estrogen, and excessively exposed to the sun are also at higher risk of developing dark spots after the chemical treatment.
VI Peel treatment process
The process of chemical peeling only takes about 30 minutes. You would not feel any pain as it is usually conducted in a gentle approach. Healthy skin awaits underneath the top layer of the client’s skin.
The following procedure is sourced from professionals. It displays the expectation that you can get from getting this kind of chemical treatment.
- The practitioner will first cleanse your skin in order to remove oil and dirt.
- Next, they will apply the solution in two layers.
- Tingling or numbness may be experienced once the first layer is applied.
- Once the second layer is applied, your skin will turn white or “frost”, as they call it.
- About four to six hours later, you’ll wash off the peel.
- Your skin will start peeling about three days after the procedure.
VI Peel aftercare procedures
After the 6 to 7 hours of treatment, it is mindful of washing the affected area with mild cleanser and water. Eventually, the peeling of the skin will start three days after the treatment. Professionals have listed the following aftercare procedures to maximize the effects of chemical peeling:
- avoiding applying any lotions or creams until you wash off your peel
- using the “Post Peel Protectant” given to you after your procedure two to four times per day
- applying moisturizer frequently until you are done with the peeling
- avoiding direct sunlight when your skin is peeling and making sure you wear sunscreen whenever you go outside
Are there similar treatments aside from VI Peel?
VI Peel can be conducted independently or combined with any other treatment as supervised by professionals. Many different therapies may seem beneficial to the skin when blended with VI Peel. Clinics and professionals offered some procedures:
- Microdermabrasion. This treatment uses an applicator with a rough tip to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin.
- HydraFacial. This procedure is a patented technique that exfoliates and hydrates your skin while infusing it with a serum.
- Jet Peel. This treatment uses air pressure to clean your pores and then infuse them with nutritious serums.
- Radiofrequency (RF) therapy. This treatment therapy uses energy waves to heat the deep layers of your skin and promote collagen production.
- Dermalinfusion. This procedure is similar to HydraFacial. It uses a wand with a diamond tip to exfoliate your skin and infuse it with serums.
Get healthy skin through VI Peel
Should you want to try the wonders of VI Peel, book an appointment now in The Skin Clinic MedSpa. Get baby skin be it on the face and body through VI Peel and unleash the confidence you never knew you had.!